Jordan and I’s adventure started out by arriving at a generous friends house late Thursday night, to spend the night before waking up before the roosters as we had to fly out of Detroit. When we arrived our friend informed us that everyone was asleep so be very quiet… it seemed like every square inch of the house creaked as we were trying to be quiet and I accidentally slammed a door… great start to the trip 🙂 If you don’t know me, I need at least 8 hours of sleep to function, unlike Jordan who is robot-esque and doesn’t need sleep. So… getting up at 3am is rough for me, but Jordan took it like a pro! All the way to the airport, we kept saying that we were probably to early, but when we arrived there was a super long line to get through security. We got through in time, and boarded the plane to head to Houston. When we arrived in Houston they were boarding our connecting flight already. We ran to Chick-Fil-e real quick to grab breakfast… boarded the plane for Honduras. Every time I bring someone new to Honduras, I am always a little nervous just because I am unsure of how they will adapt. Jordan crushed it… beard and all! To shorten our first days adventure, I have put the day in a short time lapse below. Enjoy.
Schedule – August 4, 2017
- 3:00 am Woke up, felt terrible, drove to the airport, why are there so many people up this early?
- 7:30 am Boarded plane for Houston, wait there’s a lucky seat on this plane that gets 5,000 free miles? No free peanuts… bummer
- 10:00 am Arrive in Houston, Chick-Fil-e here we come, you have a YouTube page?
- 10:30 am Leave for San Pedro Sula, Jordan wins the lucky seat!
- 12:30 Suppose to be on the ground by now. Still circling the airport. Sittin the tarmac now. Still sitting on the tarmac. Still sitting on the tarmac.
- 1:30 Going through customs. Is that guy holding a machine gun?
- 1:45 Pastor Wimer’s driving is something special… I think Jordan just peed himself.
- 2:15 Lunch at the hotel. Ah, peace and quiet for lunch. Nevermind, karaoke in the afternoon?
- 4:00 Pastor Wilmer tells me in preaching tonight
- 5:00 Jordan is editing videos like a mad man… I’m prepping for tonight
- 7:00 God always shows up when He is bragged on… He loves to show up and show off. Man, there are great things in store for Honduras. Chile’s anyone?
By: Ben Swartz